Issued Zones: All Deserts and Eastern Mountain Slope Zones …
Site: Southern California Weather Force has issued a High Wind Warning Effective Memorial Weekend, May 28th and 29th, 2022
Date Issued: 5/27/22 at 11:30am local
Forecast: A strong frontal zone will bring a glancing blow to the forecast area, bringing widespread gusty/damaging wind conditions to the eastern mountain slopes and all high/low desert zones. The SCWF wind models are showing very high values in spots so use the maps below. A number will be out this weekend due to Memorial Day, thus this is a High Wind Warning
The maps below are of flood, rain, snow, snow-level, or wind intensity, whichever is available now. Each one is clickable. Map 1 is NW SoCal, Map 2 is SW SoCal, Map 3 is SE SoCal, Map 4 is NE SoCal, Map 5 is the Cajon Pass, and Map 6 is the metro areas of VT/LA/OC/IE …
GET TO KNOW YOUR MAP BECAUSE THESE NEVER CHANGE LOCATIONS
Wind Forecast – Valid Saturday and Sunday, May 28th and 29th, 2022
GPS MODELS – (SCWF Members Click Here For The GPS Version)
Martin Wind Gust Intensity Scale –
8. Extensive widespread damage.
7. Trees are broken or uprooted, building damage is considerable. – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over CERTAIN.
6. SOME Trees are broken or uprooted, building damage is possible. – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over Likely, Do NOT recommend Traveling in this zone. This zone also is the starting zone where trees and powerlines will fall and damage cars and even kill people near or in them!
5. Slight damage occurs to buildings, shingles are blown off of roofs. HIGH WIND WARNING CRITERIA – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over Possible if weight is not corrected.
4. Twigs and small branches are broken from trees, walking is difficult.
3. Large trees sway, becoming difficult to walk. POWER SHUTDOWN THRESHOLD DURING FIRE WEATHER / WIND ADVISORY CRITERIA
How to get these alerts with a premium subscription via e-mail by micro-climate zone AND/OR Get the GPS models for this event on your device enabled? If you read this from the website or social media links, this option is the best to go so you get them delivered every single time without having to look for them (100 percent delivery time)
Click Here To Join The Season Tier
Join The Main Southern California Weather Force Facebook Group (50 percent delivery time) – You can join the main SCWF page as well through that group.
Click Here To Join The Page Today
10 mile rule: These alerts issued on this site means that within your zone and 10 miles from you will see the event forecast for. You may or may not see the event but it means you are in the zone or 10 miles from where someone will.
Southern California Weather Force is a custom weather alert service that began in September 1999 off and is regarded as the most accurate weather service in the region, offering custom alerts, maps, and models to help save life and property. The work done here is never 100% accurate, but it comes pretty close. Southern California Weather Force runs on zones, so if an event happens in a zone that is 10 miles from the border of your zone, the forecast is still valid to activate your zone’s alert system. A company quote to the public is that of “The Joker” and tells other agencies in weather this all the time… “This world deserves a better class of meteorologist… and I’m gonna give it to them”… out-forecasting even the National Weather Service with lead-time and precision, which makes this service a focus of ridicule and envy in the weather community due to having such accuracy. Alerts issued here are issued custom from this office and this office alone. You may not even hear it elsewhere, but if one is issued near or in your area, listen up because “if you do not wish to die in weather, follow, it’ll save your life one day.”