Member Section Menu (Available Products During This Event Now)
GPS SYSTEM TROUBLESHOOTING
- MOST IMPORTANT STEP: When you enter the member section you will notice something pops up that says “Southern California Weather Force would like to use your device’s location” hit OK/YES and hit Remember Decision. This will tell your device’s browser to activate the GPS for the following steps. CLICK HERE TO ENTER THE MEMBER SECTION
- The member section will have updated in-office models for wind, rain, snow, or whatever is available. On the top, it’ll either say GPS enabled or disabled. If disabled, the bar would be green. If enabled, it would be red.
- Once it turns enabled scroll to the bottom to the tab sections. The first tab is always ‘latest events’. The ones next to it will be the models. If the model is a GPS enabled model it will say so on the tab. Go into the tab and you will notice a disclaimer. Hit OK at the bottom and the model image will then pop-up. The pin would be your location. The pin also moves with your device. Always NOTE the VALID date(s). The key will be on top of the model image itself as will the VALID DATE(S).
- That is it, you have now enabled the GPS system for the Southern California Weather Force Models to know what to expect during the valid date(s) where you live, work, or are traveling.
- If you want to be a full supporting member to receive zone email alerts AND the GPS system upgrade, CLICK HERE
USING THE GPS MAP SYSTEM
- Once you’ve activated the system you will see tools within the image. The first thing you will find is what type of map. You have a a regular map (map) and a satellite map (satellite). if you go to either you will see a drop-down that says ‘LABELS’. This will turn the highways and cities on so you can better navigate it. This is an important step if the map does not already have it. You then can zoom into your location to better see where you are in relation to the type of event to come and/or is in progress depending on the VALID DATE(S).
VALID FRIDAY EVENING INTO SATURDAY JANUARY 21-22, 2022
Martin Wind Gust Intensity Scale –
8. Extensive widespread damage.
7. Trees are broken or uprooted, building damage is considerable. – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over CERTAIN.
6. SOME Trees are broken or uprooted, building damage is possible. – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over Likely, Do NOT recommend Traveling in this zone
5. Slight damage occurs to buildings, shingles are blown off of roofs. HIGH WIND WARNING CRITERIA – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over Possible if weight is not corrected.
4. Twigs and small branches are broken from trees, walking is difficult.
3. Large trees sway, becoming difficult to walk. POWER SHUTDOWN THRESHOLD DURING FIRE WEATHER / WIND ADVISORY CRITERIA