Issued Zones: All Mountain/Desert Zones … Las Vegas Metro … Cajon / Gorman Pass …
Site: Southern California Weather Force has issued a High Wind Warning / Wind Advisory for Sunday …
Date: 6/26/20 at 5:40pm PT
Forecast: A weak front will move through the area and miss to the north. This will bring in a strong jet stream across the area and sinking air with colder temperatures will allow for gusty winds to hit the mountain and desert areas starting Friday and going into the weekend. The SCWF Wind Intensity Model below is for this event so find your area there. This is also fire hazard + blowing dusty advisory in level 4 and higher …
7. Trees are broken or uprooted, building damage is considerable. – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over CERTAIN.
6. SOME Trees are broken or uprooted, building damage is possible. – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over Likely, Do NOT recommend Traveling in this zone
5. Slight damage occurs to buildings, shingles are blown off of roofs. HIGH WIND WARNING CRITERIA – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over Possible if weight is not corrected.
4. Twigs and small branches are broken from trees, walking is difficult. Anything 4 and above will have blowing dust if conditions are dry, which does reduce visibility and make driving difficult …
3. Large trees sway, becoming difficult to walk. POWER SHUTDOWN THRESHOLD during any high fire risk. WIND ADVISORY CRITERIA
NOTE: I am NOT allowing new sign-ups paying for the SCWF alert system at this time. I am redoing the system over the Summer and offering free service till October 1st. This is because this Summer is either close… or keep open come the next storm season due to a post COVID-19 economy. You can grab the account here – http://www.southerncaliforniaweatherforce.com/trial-member/
Join A Micro-Climate Group On Facebook For These Alerts? (50 percent delivery time)
Click Here To Find Your Location Served By SCWF Today!
NOTE: If you read this from a SCWF micro-climate Facebook Group, keep in mind that forecast ARTICLES are NOT posted there unless it directly affects you. You will want to go to the MAIN SCWF Facebook Page and to go there you CLICK HERE.
10 mile rule: These alerts issued on this site means that within your zone and 10 miles from you will see the event forecast for. You may or may not see the event but it means you are in the zone or 10 miles from where someone will.