Issued Zones: Los Angeles/Orange/Ventura County Coast and Basin … Santa Barbara County … Western half of San Luis Obispo County … Kern Mountains/Deserts … All High and Low Deserts except parts of the Coachella Valley … Riverside/San Diego Mountains … Imperial County …
Site: Southern California Weather Force has issued a Wind Storm Warning effective Sunday into Monday …
Date: 1/31/20 at 11:45am PT
Forecast: A very widespread wind event is about to hit most of Southern California in what is called a Northwest Wind Event. Northwest Wind Events have the strongest winds in a widespread region, including the populated areas of Los Angeles County, where you do not see Santa Ana Winds. This is about the only time you can see these strong of winds in Downtown Los Angeles. The winds will arrive on Sunday, maximizing Sunday night into Monday morning, fading later on Monday as the strong jet stream moves eastward. Use the scale and images below for your area’s event –
Martin Wind Gust Intensity Scale –
8. Extensive widespread damage.
7. Trees are broken or uprooted, building damage is considerable. – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over CERTAIN.
6. SOME Trees are broken or uprooted, building damage is possible. – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over Likely, Do NOT recommend Traveling in this zone
5. Slight damage occurs to buildings, shingles are blown off of roofs. HIGH WIND WARNING CRITERIA – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over Possible if weight is not corrected.
4. Twigs and small branches are broken from trees, walking is difficult.
3. Large trees sway, becoming difficult to walk. POWER SHUTDOWN THRESHOLD during any high fire risk. WIND ADVISORY CRITERIA
2. Large tree branches move, telephone wires begin to “whistle”, umbrellas are difficult to keep under control.
1. Small trees sway.
How to get these alerts with a premium subscription? (100 percent delivery time)
Click Here For Options
Join A Micro-Climate Group On Facebook For These Alerts? (50 percent delivery time)
Click Here To Find Your Location Served By SCWF Today!
NOTE: If you read this from a SCWF micro-climate Facebook Group, keep in mind that forecast ARTICLES are NOT posted there unless it directly affects you. You will want to go to the MAIN SCWF Facebook Page and to go there you CLICK HERE.
10 mile rule: These alerts issued on this site means that within your zone and 10 miles from you will see the event forecast for. You may or may not see the event but it means you are in the zone or 10 miles from where someone will.