Issued Zones: Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, San Diego Mountains … Morongo Basin to High Desert … Mountain Pass between Bakers and CA/NV … Cajon Pass …
Site: Southern California Weather Force has issued a Winter Storm Warning / Advisory effective now through Tuesday morning …
Date: 2/9/20 at 7:25am PT
Forecast: An arctic storm will drop into the region starting today and going into Monday. The strongest flow on the back-side will be tonight through Monday. I decided to issue one alert for both advisories so the map above will tell you which you are in, the warning being pinkish and the advisory in purple.
The maps below are for snow and wind. Both are expected events through Tuesday. This cutoff remains on track and Big Bear Lake will end up having the most snow out of all of Southern California due to the backside. If you’re wondering why the RimOfTheWorld zones have only an advisory and far less in the models below it is because the backside wrap-around moisture is weaker on the southwest side on this event.
Martin Wind Gust Intensity Scale –
8. Extensive widespread damage.
7. Trees are broken or uprooted, building damage is considerable. – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over CERTAIN.
6. SOME Trees are broken or uprooted, building damage is possible. – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over Likely, Do NOT recommend Traveling in this zone
5. Slight damage occurs to buildings, shingles are blown off of roofs. HIGH WIND WARNING CRITERIA – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over Possible if weight is not corrected.
4. Twigs and small branches are broken from trees, walking is difficult.
3. Large trees sway, becoming difficult to walk. POWER SHUTDOWN THRESHOLD during any high fire risk. WIND ADVISORY CRITERIA
2. Large tree branches move, telephone wires begin to “whistle”, umbrellas are difficult to keep under control.
1. Small trees sway.
How to get these alerts with a premium subscription? (100 percent delivery time)
Click Here For Options
Join A Micro-Climate Group On Facebook For These Alerts? (50 percent delivery time)
Click Here To Find Your Location Served By SCWF Today!
NOTE: If you read this from a SCWF micro-climate Facebook Group, keep in mind that forecast ARTICLES are NOT posted there unless it directly affects you. You will want to go to the MAIN SCWF Facebook Page and to go there you CLICK HERE.
10 mile rule: These alerts issued on this site means that within your zone and 10 miles from you will see the event forecast for. You may or may not see the event but it means you are in the zone or 10 miles from where someone will.