Gusty winds are expected to target most of the state on Tuesday at the same time snow will be falling in Denver. Who will see what intensity, read on for and view the model within for details …
A cold front is expected to move through Wyoming and Colorado on Tuesday, where I have issued over my national page the Winter Storm Watch (Click here to read that). The cold-air in the Great Basin as a result will create a thermal gradient with the hotter air in Arizona. This will bring winds through the Las Vegas and Utah areas early Tuesday and eventually jet out into below the passes and canyon south and west of the mountains.
Level 5 intensity will be seen along the Rim and Colorado River Valley, according to my wind model. Values of intensity 6 and isolated 7 will surround the Bullhead City area so those of you there should prepare for this wind event.
As shown in the model below, the Phoenix and Tucson Metro areas are in the level 3-4 zones, which isn’t too strong, but it will be noticeable. The model below is the AZWF Wind Gust Model and the intensity values included.
7. Trees are broken or uprooted, building damage is considerable. – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over CERTAIN.
6. SOME Trees are broken or uprooted, building damage is possible. – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over Likely, Do NOT recommend Traveling in this zone
5. Slight damage occurs to buildings, shingles are blown off of roofs. HIGH WIND WARNING CRITERIA – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over Possible if weight is not corrected.
4. Twigs and small branches are broken from trees, walking is difficult. Anything 4 and above will have blowing dust if conditions are dry, which does reduce visibility and make driving difficult …
3. Large trees sway, becoming difficult to walk. POWER SHUTDOWN THRESHOLD during any high fire risk. WIND ADVISORY CRITERIA
Stay tuned to official forecasts here at Arizona Weather Force
As you know, just as Southern California Weather Force has a service for members with micro-climate alerts, Arizona Weather Force does as well and we do have some people already signed up getting those so it is seeming like it is helping. The service helps businesses and persons, especially with ranches. Click Here to read about it and even join.
NOTE: This is the SCWF Website but it is being used for national updates until ad placement is ready on the AZWF site.