Southern California Weather Force has officially upgraded the Santa Ana Wind Watch issued days ago to Santa Ana Wind Warning as the strongest Santa Ana Wind Event to hit the area in years is projected. This is a direct Cajon Pass Warning not to drive high profile vehicles as well. Inside this you will find the Martin Wind Intensity Models of Monday’s event, which starts after midnight tonight and spreads throughout Monday so read on for details.
Key notes about this wind event. It has the intensity to bring very gusty winds all the way through Catalina Island as well, as noted in the article image. The upper support is a 140-150 mph upper level jet stream so this is a major deal. Use the images below with the Martin Wind Intensity Models to know your area.
NOTE: It shows the Kern and High Desert zones.. those are today’s projections. This focus is south and west of the mountains and along the Colorado River Valley for Monday’s NORTH WINDS. A Fire Weather Warning is also included in this.
REMEMBER: Get these from the new app for notification – National Weather Force Android/IOS App notification system and you can find it here for free and never miss a post on this page again,
Download Today at – http://www.nationalweatherforce.com/2020/07/fb-weather-phone-app/
8. Extensive widespread damage.
7. Trees are broken or uprooted, building damage is considerable. – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over CERTAIN.
6. SOME Trees are broken or uprooted, building damage is possible. – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over Likely, Do NOT recommend Traveling in this zone
5. Slight damage occurs to buildings, shingles are blown off of roofs. HIGH WIND WARNING CRITERIA – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over Possible if weight is not corrected.
4. Twigs and small branches are broken from trees, walking is difficult. Anything 4 and above will have blowing dust if conditions are dry, which does reduce visibility and make driving difficult …
3. Large trees sway, becoming difficult to walk. POWER SHUTDOWN THRESHOLD during any high fire risk. WIND ADVISORY CRITERIA