Issued Zones: Western San Luis Obispo County
Site: Southern California Weather Force has issued a Wind Watch with low/moderate risk fire hazard winds later Sunday night into Monday morning
Date: 12/4/2020 at 7:30pm PT
Forecast: A dry upper level low will move over the area and go due south through late Sunday night and into Monday morning. This upper system will generate northeast winds off the inner San Luis Obispo higher terrain and hit areas like Atascadero and San Luis Obispo.
Level 3-4 conditions are likely during this period. Humidity levels will be in the 20s as a result of this, thus this is a low/moderate risk fire hazard.
Paso, your zone is highlighted in this, but the stronger winds will be in Atascadero, which is in your zone … so don’t expect the advisory level winds in Paso like further south.
8. Extensive widespread damage.
7. Trees are broken or uprooted, building damage is considerable. – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over CERTAIN.
6. SOME Trees are broken or uprooted, building damage is possible. – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over Likely, Do NOT recommend Traveling in this zone
5. Slight damage occurs to buildings, shingles are blown off of roofs. HIGH WIND WARNING CRITERIA – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over Possible if weight is not corrected.
4. Twigs and small branches are broken from trees, walking is difficult. Anything 4 and above will have blowing dust if conditions are dry, which does reduce visibility and make driving difficult …
3. Large trees sway, becoming difficult to walk. POWER SHUTDOWN THRESHOLD during any high fire risk. WIND ADVISORY CRITERIA
Remember, you CAN get these by e-mail with discounts as a supporter as well. Find Southern California Weather Force in this link to learn how – http://www.southerncaliforniaweatherforce.com/weather-force-network-2020-2021-public-fundraiser-and-perks-page/ (100 percent delivery time)
Join A Micro-Climate Group On Facebook For These Alerts? (50 percent delivery time)
Click Here To Find Your Location Served By SCWF Today!
NOTE: If you read this from a SCWF micro-climate Facebook Group, keep in mind that forecast ARTICLES are NOT posted there unless it directly affects you. You will want to go to the MAIN SCWF Facebook Page and to go there you CLICK HERE.
10 mile rule: These alerts issued on this site means that within your zone and 10 miles from you will see the event forecast for. You may or may not see the event but it means you are in the zone or 10 miles from where someone will.