Issued Zones: SCV/Acton/Ventura Coast/Basin … Banning … Bottom of the Cajon Pass to Fontana …
Site: Southern California Weather Force has issued a Santa Ana Wind Advisory effective Monday …
Date: 2/21/21 at 2:40pm PT
Forecast: Santa Ana Winds are diminishing through the afternoon, but will have an upswing on Monday morning for a good 6-8 hours before waning later in the afternoon to evening hours. Level 3-4 is only expected for the most part, so advisory level. The SCWF Wind Gust Model below outlines this.
MONTLY SUPPORTERS head on over to the SCWF Member Section to control the image model below for you area – Visit – https://www.southerncaliforniaweatherforce.com/scwf-members-section/
Martin Wind Gust Intensity Scale –
8. Extensive widespread damage.
7. Trees are broken or uprooted, building damage is considerable. – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over CERTAIN.
6. SOME Trees are broken or uprooted, building damage is possible. – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over Likely, Do NOT recommend Traveling in this zone
5. Slight damage occurs to buildings, shingles are blown off of roofs. HIGH WIND WARNING CRITERIA – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over Possible if weight is not corrected.
4. Twigs and small branches are broken from trees, walking is difficult.
3. Large trees sway, becoming difficult to walk. POWER SHUTDOWN THRESHOLD WIND ADVISORY CRITERIA
10 mile rule: These alerts issued on this site means that within your zone and 10 miles from you will see the event forecast for. You may or may not see the event but it means you are in the zone or 10 miles from where someone will.