Issued Zones: SCV to Ventura Coast/Basin … Below the Cajon Pass to Corona … Santa Ana Mountains through the Irvine Basin and into the Newport Coast … RimOfTheWorld … Morongo Valley to JTNP … Tecate …
Site: Southern California Weather Force has issued a Santa Ana Wind Advisory effective Monday …
Date Issued: 10/23/22 at 1:55pm local
Forecast: Short and sweet, a storm system that brought cloudy/cool temperatures this weekend went by to the north and that means drainage winds will start overnight and peak Monday morning, waning through the afternoon/evening hours. This short-lived event is not a strong enough nor will it be a hot one. Use the SCWF models below for your area’s forecast …
Below is the SCWF Wind Model.
SUPPORTING MEMBERS: Click Here To See The GPS Version Of This Model In Your Member Section Tab.
VALID MONDAY OCTOBER 24, 2022
Raiden Storm Wind Gust Intensity Scale –
8. Extensive widespread damage.
7. Trees are broken or uprooted, building damage is considerable. – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over CERTAIN.
6. SOME Trees are broken or uprooted, building damage is possible. – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over Likely, Do NOT recommend Traveling in this zone. This zone also is the starting zone where trees and powerlines will fall and damage cars and even kill people near or in them!
5. Slight damage occurs to buildings, shingles are blown off of roofs. HIGH WIND WARNING CRITERIA – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over Possible if weight is not corrected.
4. Twigs and small branches are broken from trees, walking is difficult.
3. Large trees sway, becoming difficult to walk. POWER SHUTDOWN THRESHOLD DURING FIRE WEATHER / WIND ADVISORY CRITERIA
How to get these alerts with a premium subscription via e-mail by micro-climate zone AND/OR Get the GPS models for this event on your device enabled? If you read this from the website or social media links, this option is the best to go so you get them delivered every single time without having to look for them (100 percent delivery time)
Click Here To Join The Season Tier
Join The Main Southern California Weather Force Facebook Group (50 percent delivery time) – You can join the main SCWF page as well through that group.
Click Here To Join The Page Today
10 mile rule: These alerts issued on this site means that within your zone and 10 miles from you will see the event forecast for. You may or may not see the event but it means you are in the zone or 10 miles from where someone will.
Southern California Weather Force is a custom weather alert service that began in September 1999 off and is regarded as the most accurate weather service in the region, offering custom alerts, maps, and models to help save life and property. The work done here is never 100% accurate, but it comes pretty close. Southern California Weather Force runs on zones, so if an event happens in a zone that is 10 miles from the border of your zone, the forecast is still valid to activate your zone’s alert system. A company quote to the public is that of “The Joker” and tells other agencies in weather this all the time… “This world deserves a better class of meteorologist… and I’m gonna give it to them”… out-forecasting even the National Weather Service with lead-time and precision, which makes this service a focus of ridicule and envy in the weather community due to having such accuracy. Alerts issued here are issued custom from this office and this office alone. You may not even hear it elsewhere, but if one is issued near or in your area, listen up because “if you do not wish to die in weather, follow, it’ll save your life one day.”