Southern California Weather Force has issued a Santa Ana Wind Watch effective for Sunday, October 29th, 2023 as drainage winds come into the area.
A strong ridge to the west will bring cold air into the Great Basin between Nevada and Utah this weekend. The combination of freezing air in that area and average temperatures here will bring what is called a thermal support pattern. This will bring winds out of the desert and through the mountain passes. This will target The Cajon Pass through Ontario and down I-15 through Eastvale, Norco, Corona, and even into Orange County, but will be the strongest across Highway 14 through the Santa Clarita Valley where the Raiden Storm Wind Formula has you on a level 6, which is what is below.
Winds will subside through Monday, below warning levels …
This will be the start of what will be a prolonged fall and winter of these Santa Ana Wind Events …
Raiden Storm Wind Gust Intensity Scale –
8. Extensive widespread damage.
7. Trees are broken or uprooted, building damage is considerable. – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over CERTAIN.
6. SOME Trees are broken or uprooted, building damage is possible. – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over Likely, Do NOT recommend Traveling in this zone. This zone also is the starting zone where trees and powerlines will fall and damage cars and even kill people near or in them!
5. Slight damage occurs to buildings; shingles are blown off of roofs. HIGH WIND WARNING CRITERIA – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over Possible if weight is not corrected.
4. Twigs and small branches are broken from trees, walking is difficult.
3. Large trees sway, becoming difficult to walk. POWER SHUTDOWN THRESHOLD DURING FIRE WEATHER / WIND ADVISORY CRITERIA
Master General Meteorologist – Raiden Storm
Get these alerts over the new Android and Iphone app and/or e-mail service by becoming a full member subscriber today and never miss an update from this office. Remember, you cannot just make an account on the app and get notifications. You must select your zones and then go through the payment process.
ALSO IMPORTANT: Once you set your zones you will see notifications being BLANK UNTIL YOU GET AN ALERT. You are new on the member app, it doesn’t know you from past notifications. So just because it is blank in the beginning of service does not mean it does not work.
Click here to learn more.