Southern California Weather Force has issued a High Wind Warning effective Thursday, December 7, 2023 for the following zones; Santa Barbara County Mountains and Coast, Western Ventura County Ojai including the Ventura Mountains, Kern County Mountains and Deserts, Gorman Pass, I-5 Corridor Metro from Gorman, Santa Clarita and the Los Angeles County Coast, including LAX to Torrance, with the last area being the Barstow zones … Los Angeles Deserts and Mountains … High Desert Metros …
It is Raiden Storm; I am back to put this forecast out there for you …
A system sliding by to the north will generate strong west winds starting early Thursday for the Kern Mountain and Desert zones. You will be first. As this system moves to the northeast of Southern California, strong northwest flow off the mountains will hit the metros then, mostly later Thursday evening and going into the night.
Wind gusts of up to 50 mph will be likely with all zones … This will also bring a crosswind into the Los Angeles International Airport (KLAX), which could cause delays at times as this is a rare pattern but happens once a year.
Raiden Storm Wind Gust Intensity Scale –
8. Extensive widespread damage.
7. Trees are broken or uprooted, building damage is considerable. – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over CERTAIN.
6. SOME Trees are broken or uprooted, building damage is possible. – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over Likely, Do NOT recommend Traveling in this zone. This zone also is the starting zone where trees and powerlines will fall and damage cars and even kill people near or in them!
5. Slight damage occurs to buildings; shingles are blown off of roofs. HIGH WIND WARNING CRITERIA – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over Possible if weight is not corrected.
4. Twigs and small branches are broken from trees, walking is difficult.
3. Large trees sway, becoming difficult to walk. POWER SHUTDOWN THRESHOLD DURING FIRE WEATHER / WIND ADVISORY CRITERIA
Master General Meteorologist – Raiden Storm
Get these alerts over the new Android and Iphone app and/or e-mail service by becoming a full member subscriber today and never miss an update from this office. Remember, you cannot just make an account on the app and get notifications. You must select your zones and then go through the payment process.
ALSO IMPORTANT: Once you set your zones you will see notifications being BLANK UNTIL YOU GET AN ALERT. You are new on the member app, it doesn’t know you from past notifications. So just because it is blank in the beginning of service does not mean it does not work.
Click here to learn more.