The earlier issued Santa Ana Wind Watch has expired, replaced by the Official Santa Ana Wind Warning in effect Wednesday night through Thursday. Experimental high resolution wind intensity images are within this article as a test of a new outline so the regional locations are zoomed in a bit more by region so read on for details …
The Santa Ana Wind Watch issued on November 27th stated that this is an east wind event. The drainage wind event is when very cold air hits the Great Basin and Rocky Mountain areas, spilling westward off the higher terrain and through our mountain and mountain pass areas into the populated zones.
East wind events tend to favor Ontario International Airport having the risk of delays or redirects, so if you have plans to fly into this airport on Thursday morning or early afternoon, you could be redirected to Las Vegas or Phoenix Sky Harbor.
East wind events also favor the Banning Pass, Trabuco Canyon (Highway 74 as well), Camp Pendleton test and firing area, San Diego Mountain/Foothills, and Escondido, Tecate, Tijuana, Rosarito, Ensenada area, as well as Bakersfield and Ventura.
East wind events do not favor the San Gabriel Valley like north wind events do.
This is also the SCWF Fire Weather Warning from dry conditions along with these winds. Offshore winds will continue through the weekend, but not as strong as Thursday’s event.
Basically just use the SCWF high resolution model maps below for Thursday’s event – Images are clickable to be larger.
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA WEATHER FORCE IS ON TIKTOK FOR VIDEO SHORTS NOW!
CLICK HERE AND HELP ME GROW
8. Extensive widespread damage.
7. Trees are broken or uprooted, building damage is considerable. – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over CERTAIN.
6. SOME Trees are broken or uprooted, building damage is possible. – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over Likely, Do NOT recommend Traveling in this zone
5. Slight damage occurs to buildings, shingles are blown off of roofs. HIGH WIND WARNING CRITERIA – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over Possible if weight is not corrected.
4. Twigs and small branches are broken from trees, walking is difficult. Anything 4 and above will have blowing dust if conditions are dry, which does reduce visibility and make driving difficult …
3. Large trees sway, becoming difficult to walk. POWER SHUTDOWN THRESHOLD during any high fire risk. WIND ADVISORY CRITERIA
REMEMBER: Get these from the new app for notification – National Weather Force Android/IOS App notification system and you can find it here for free and never miss a post on this page again,
Download Today at – http://www.nationalweatherforce.com/2020/07/fb-weather-phone-app/
Southern California Weather Force is NOW on MeWe – https://mewe.com/p/southerncaliforniaweatherforce
As always, stay tuned to Southern California Weather Force for official forecasts and updates on weather across Southern California
Join Southern California Weather Force main Facebook Page for future updates!
MICRO-CLIMATE ALERT FACEBOOK GROUPS: Find yours today!
Click here to join
Reading for another state? Join my national page – https://www.facebook.com/nwfweather/
FACEBOOK PAGES TO JOIN!
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA WEATHER FORCE MAIN: Southern California Weather Force Office Main Page
NEWS REPORT BANDIT: Tired of Politics and Celebrities and want funny, interesting, weird stories, including science like solar storm, earthquake, volcano, space stories updated 1-2 times a day?
FOR THE CALIFORNIA FAULT STRESS MODEL PAGE: For SCWF official updates to the California Fault Stress Model and more!
PROJECT DESTINI WORLDWIDE QUAKE PREDICTION – A system that shows worldwide plate stress due to numerous factors
INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, and NOW MEWE ACCOUNTS TO JOIN!
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/socalweatherforce/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/SCweatherforce