October 21, 2019 at 4:42 pm

Heat Advisory Issued: Intense October Heatwave Peaks South and West Of The Mountains In The Metros This Week With 100F Projected; Cool-down By End Month


The Southern California Weather Force has issued a Heat Advisory effective now through Thursday after sunset for areas south and west of the mountains for temperatures between 95 and 100F with intense October heatwave and a cool-down by the end of the month so read on for details …

As stated in the previous forecast article, a 595DM Ridge Of High Pressure, very abnormal for this time of year, will move its axis overhead between Tuesday and Thursday of this week.  On Tuesday, temperatures will bump up 7 degrees from where they were today and remain hot through Thursday with weak offshore flow.

The SCWF Fire Weather Warning issued last week still remains in effect this week as it stated it would be a prolonged alert.  The hottest areas will be Fullerton to Long Beach and to Whittier.  These zones will challenge 100F during this event … If sensitive to this heat, take your precautions and please do not walk dogs or cats on the asphalt as it will burn their feet.

The heat advisory will expire on Thursday night after sunset, but Friday will have similar temperatures to today and a gradual cooling over the weekend is expected with no one above 80F by Monday.

An upper level low will miss us to the northeast at the end of the month around Halloween.  Some models have a cutoff that will bring us storms, however using my own algorithms I find that to be a 10 to 20% chance of happening and thus 80% chance we will see just on onshore flow, cooler weather, and a chance of upslope showers from the deeper marine layer. But… it will be a cooler period.

If on the trails with recreational activities, bring lots of water along.  This heat is dangerous for this time of year for those that think October means cold weather in Southern California.

Click here to join

NOTE: TIME IS RUNNING OUT.  IF THIS TROUGH GETS A NAME THEN THE DISCOUNT WILL HAVE ENDED…  If you have renewed your discounted MICRO-CLIMATE E-MAIL ALERT SYSTEM membership for the 2019-2020 season, skip this message.  If you have not, Click Here To Renew.  This will be one of your last e-mailed article/alert from the 2019-2020 season as effective now the season will start when the first named storm system enters the region so don’t wait. Click Here To Renew Under The Discount.

As always, stay tuned to official forecasts from Southern California Weather Force for updates …

For The Main Weather Facebook Page Click Here and Join.

End Article

OPTIONAL:  Southern California Weather Force main page now has models, agendas, the alert map, and other things updated during storm events.  You can bookmark the main site and check back during an event for the latest updates.
Click here to view the main page

EMAIL ALERTS AND ASK THE WEATHER OFFICE A QUESTION:  It pays for itself in one storm system.  A very affordable e-mail alert system that only gives you SCWF weather alerts in YOUR micro-climate area.  Also, you can ask the weather office a question at any time if you get that add-on.
Click here to join

Click here to join


SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA WEATHER FORCE MAIN:  Southern California Weather Force Office Main Page

BEHIND THE SCENES FORECASTS/UPDATE PAGE:  Southern California Weather Force Meteorologist Page

FOR THE CALIFORNIA FAULT STRESS MODEL PAGE: For SCWF official updates to the California Fault Stress Model and more!

“PONDER THIS” SCIENCE ADVENTURE SHOW: A science adventure show developed here at Southern California Weather Force that is a fun ride!




Comments are closed.